Thursday 24 May 2018

robertsadler60 SCAMMER

Thursday 24 May 2018

And the first one for today is this guy  robertsadler60



And there is no backstory with this guy. Within a couple of hello comments and nice to meet yous I got sent this picture below.  Please note the name badge of the soldier says Evans and not Sadler.  The screenshot shows me questioning him. His answer was that his full name was Robert Sadler Evans.  I blocked him right away.  That is a classic scammer excuse and I wasn't up for any of his rubbish at all.





Be very wary of all soldiers on Instagram, many of them are fakes and the name badge should be the first thing you check out along with their instagram name.  If something isn't right then it isn't right and avoid like the plague.  The more clever scammers will make sure their user name or given name matches.  This is when it pays to really do an image search and see if they crop up elsewhere on the internet.  I have seen real instagram accounts appear of the real person in the photo; I have seen the photo pop up on scam warning websites and I have seen real facebook pages appear of the real person not the fake.  Do your research - it really does pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment