Friday 11 May 2018

as9254411 SCAMMER

Friday 11 May 2018

And the last one for today is this delightful guy


This guy had my scam radar going right from the get go.  Minimal posts and a lot of followers.  The is his backstory

  • He is from Middletown in New York State
  • He is a British American - Dad is American, Mum from London
  • He is a soldier in the US Army in Afghanistan, peacekeeping
I learnt very little from him but he asked the usual personal questions abut me, including the old income chestnut.  He professed his undying love immediately, within several comments once we had quickly started messaging on hangouts.  He was so flattering that it made me feel sick.  He copied and pasted lots of emotional and romantic claptrap that was in perfect written English - his left a lot to be desired and certainly was not that of a native English speaker. As the conversation moved on he used a couple of Yoruban phrases - alaye and u be alaye.  Yoruba is a language spoken in Nigeria. Then he sent a message that made no sense whatsoever to me but perhaps would have done if he had sent it to the right person.  This was my out and I took it.  He has been blocked and reported. This is the picture he sent me of himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment