Monday 7 May 2018

georgeworthington1 SCAMMER

Monday 7 May 2018

My first scammer for today is


This guy has finally been blocked just today by me after almost 5 weeks of being groomed and brainwashed (or so he thought). This one was definitely in it for the long haul but I wasn't, I was fed up and picked a fight and got him blocked everywhere.  Here is his backstory

  • His name is George Worthington
  • He is 49 years old from New Jersey in the US
  • He got divorced from his wife because she couldn't hack the fact that he wouldn't talk about his feelings due to his shyness.  She has since died during a breast cancer operation. Strangely she was also called Kate.
  • He has a son of 17 called Joe who is in the US
  • George is a Sergeant Major in the US army and is out in Eastern Ghouta, Syria peacekeeping. Check out the photos of him that follow where he is supposed to be out on patrol - they are not military uniform, more clothing worn by hunters for camouflage
This was another one of the same old scams.  US military man, searching for love and a mother for his son.  We moved onto WhatsApp reasonably quickly after the usual long cut and paste posts about himself, his qualities and what he is looking for in a woman.  Using WhatsApp is a good idea because that way you have to have their phone number (they too will have yours - I have a different number for Instagram fakers on a different phone).  His was from America and came up as being from the Warrensburg area of New York which on searching is about half way between New York city and Montreal. Not Syria.

He sent me photos of himself and in some of them he has very piercing blue eyes and in others his eyes really look dark, possibly brown.  Truthfully I am not even sure they are of the same guy. I knew from the get go that he was a faker but I wanted to keep going until we reached the real crux of why he was befriending me.  He fell in love with me very quickly and was very flattering.  There was the usual missing in action in his comments because he was out on patrol or the network was rubbish.  Strangely he was active on WhatsApp and Instagram during these times though. After all the usual platitudes and guff he started sending links to romantic songs on you tube for me to watch.  Nice one and not done by many others so I think our George is a bit of a pro at this game.  He was definitely one of the more plausible fakers for sure.  What started to get me wanting out was that he wanted me to message his son Joe who was apparently delighted to be getting a new mummy.  This was a no no for me, not that I believed for a second that it would be real. I am sure George had answers already saved to email me to look like they were from Joe.  We also managed to video chat a couple of times when safety and network allowed.  The voice of the person in the video did not have an American accent either, it sounded Eastern European. I am not sure that they were even real to be honest.  He could see me but I am not sure that I was seeing him there in real time.  Another scammer told me that he could see me but for security reasons I would not be able to see him - I mean WTF!! Obviously doesn't want to be seen for real.  I got a feeling that I wasn't really seeing the true George either, having video chatted with real friends before.

I truthfully don't know what the scam was going to be here.  It could have been to buy stuff for Joe because his birthday was coming up soon (had this a few times now) or could have been to pay for him to get early leave from the army (had this one before as well).  I just don't know.  All I do know is to avoid him like the plague because he is out to get something from you.








ETA   here are some screenshots of the conversation between George and a friend.  They may be out of sequence so apologies but they give you a good idea of the utter nonsense spoken and the use of cut and paste comments (although these perhaps are written by him).











No comments:

Post a Comment