Saturday 5 May 2018

bryan.porter.73550 SCAMMER

Saturday 5 May 2018

My third scammer for today is


This guy was a bit of a wonder for me.  It wasn't completely clear to me whether he was a scammer or not.  This is his backstory:

  • His name is Bryan Porter
  • He is from Texas USA, in an army base in Houston
  • He is single, aged 49
  • Has a son aged 15 living in a boarding school in America
  • He said his job was in the army base right now but he does act as an undercover agent
  • He earns $15,000 a month
Having just read this information again I really don't know why I thought he wasn't a scammer.  He used all the usual flattering language and professed his undying love almost immediately.  When we were messaging he engineered a lot of coincidences between us and asked all the usual questions that are really just a bit too personal on meeting  a new person.  He wrote reasonably good English which was more convincing but there were times when he really didn't understand slang terms and I had to explain them. We moved onto WhatsApp and continued messaging, however, he would not send a pic of himself and he would not do a voice or video call.   One of the reasons given was that he had broken his phone in the shower taking it in with him so he didn't miss my messages!!  This guy also asked very personal questions about sex and wanted to engage in some dirty talk.

I got rather sick and tired of his emotionally needy attitude.  Every comment was claims of love and wanting to be together for ever and was getting o be virtually constant.  It got very wearing.  I was just wondering how I could force the issue to fall out with him when lo and behold he came up with the perfect out for me. Apparently, wives and fiancees of serving military men in the USA are entitled to certain benefits and the soldier himself earns more pay too.  He wanted me to be in touch with his commanding officer and register my details as his fiancee in the army database.  This would then mean he would earn more and I would get other benefits.  I asked if this would still work even though I am in the UK.  Needless to say he didn't answer.  Of course this was not going to happen.  I would never have done this and especially after doing a search for the topic on Google.  What I found was very interesting and is a known scam in the US: military personnel making marriages of convenience in order to get benefits for themselves.  The proposed spouses enter into a formal contract, a business arrangement about who is getting what and who is paying for what.  The intended spouse of the military person knows the marriage is a sham but is paid by the soldier to be their spouse.  It costs the American military a fortune every year.  On reading this, I picked a fight and managed to end it quickly. Now I have to be open and honest here and say that I don't know if this is what he really wanted, it might have been, it might not have been but I wasn't staying around to find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment