Friday 8 June 2018

georgesteven208 SCAMMER

Friday 8 June 2018

And another one for today is this one


And this is his backstory

  • His name is George Steven
  • He is from LA, California
  • He is widowed with one son
  • He is a contractor engineer
  • He is a church goer
He has messaged me and a friend on Instagram.  When he messaged my friend first we really weren't totally convinced that he was a scammer.  His language seemed more sincere and he rang a lot more true than others who were obvious.  It was a few weeks later when he decided to message me.  By now we were both a bit more adept at spotting a scammer and my gut instinct said scammer.

His English was not very good both written down in messages and understood from mine.  He fell in love very quickly and decided that we need to be together soon.  He said that his contract would be ending soon and that he would be with me in the UK by the end of the following week.  What I needed to do was write to an email address he gave me for his bank.  I needed to write and tell them I am his spouse and he wants me to have access to his pension fund and savings so that he can come and relocate here in the UK.  But that was all plus the email address I was given.  I had no specific contact to write to, the address was not a correct one for the bank he gave (which actually was a Turkish bank).  I decided I didn't want to write to this email address and called him out for being a scammer.


No comments:

Post a Comment