Tuesday 26 June 2018

woofgate SCAMMER

Tuesday 26 June 2018

And another for today is this guy


And here is his backstory

  • His name is Markson Woodgate
And that really is all I know from him.  He I felt was a much more experienced scammer and was much more slick and much better with the patter.  We passed the time of day very briefly on Instagram and he moved us onto hangouts straightaway.  Here he would call me and he definitely did not have the voice that matched the picture he was using.  He asked the usual questions but didn't give answers that required personal information but he would answer questions about personality and hobbies, likes and dislikes for example.  He also spoke and wrote a lot better English although it still wasn't always quite "right" ie used the word "Am" not "I am". Doing a reverse image search proved very fruitful with this guy.  I thought that I recognised the guy he was stealing and I did.  It turns out he had stolen the image of Geoffrey Zakarian who is a very well known American chef who now presents food programmes on Food Network (which we see in the UK too).  I challenged the guy about them and he just denied everything.  I don't know what the scam was here but there was sure to be one somewhere along the line.  I just wonder how long I would have had to keep on talking to him to find out?  Here is the image he sent me and screenshots of the reverse image search and our conversation.









No comments:

Post a Comment