Thursday 26 April 2018

burkdarren SCAMMER

Thursday 26 April 2018

Today's scammer is this one.



He is called burkdarren on Instagram and is currently posted with the US Military in Afghanistan peacekeeping - well that's what he told me, lol. He befriended me last night and by 3.30pm this afternoon he had been blocked and reported on Instagram and blocked on hangouts too.  He claims to be widowed, with one daughter called Samantha who is 11.  He professes undying love very quickly with minimal input required - always dodgy but I decided to play along.  Sure enough he jumped on my comment about going shopping after collecting my daughter from school tomorrow and asked me to buy him an iTunes card to the value of $200 so he could update his device. I think not!! 

The next 3 pics are images he sent to me of himself.  Please note these are almost definitely not him and lifted from somewhere on the net like Facebook, Twitter or even Instagram itself; although it has to be said here that I could not find them at all anywhere.





Now the next couple of screenshots are of the conversation asking for the iTunes card.



He went on to ask me for $200 and he told me how he could use the card: scratch off to reveal the serial number, photo it and send it.  To be used either by him or sold on for cash. Believe me when I say that the conversation ended rather promptly and not very politely on my front.  He has been blocked on hangouts, reported and blocked on Instagram.

If he approaches you tread with caution. He may change his name or his story a little but they don't veer off the script too far.  Be  careful of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment