Saturday 28 April 2018

garythomas9241 SCAMMER

Saturday 28 April 2018

Today's scammer is this delightful individual


I have seen this guy knocking around on Instagram for a while but until yesterday he had never messaged me. Boy is he a quick mover but so was I.  Within a couple of introductory messages on DM on Instagram he had wanted to move onto hangouts.  I duly obliged and we carried on our conversation there.  Here is his backstory:

  • He claims to be an engineer, a building and road constructor
  • He lives in Texas city 
  • Has 2 kids - woman and man (his words)
I am afraid with this guy my alarm bells were ringing straightaway and sure enough within about half an hour he had been blocked on all platforms and reported to Instagram.  These are my reasons:

  • Very dodgy use of English both grammatically and with spellings
  • He wanted pics of me immediately and only sent one of him (see below)
  • Asked a lot of questions with no information coming back about him
  • Did not know what he was talking about  - wanted to know which state I live in in the UK and then said he lived in Texas city
  • Declared love immediately and wanted children with me which I took him to task for but, bless him, he said he would still marry me and love me
  • Sent generic, cut and paste sentimental comments that could not be from him - they were spelt correctly and made sense
  • The use of the words omope and alaye which both seem to be words used in African languages

Avoid, avoid, avoid because he will eventually ask you for money or iTunes cards - we didn't get that far before I lost my patience with him but he did to someone else I know on Instagram.



No comments:

Post a Comment