Sunday 26 July 2020

What makes this account fake?

Yesterday, I was sent a great fake account by one of my Instagram followers (thank you - it did make me laugh!).  I thought I would share it here with you and show you why it is fake - and why it made me laugh!

Well here is the screenshot of the fake account.  



So why is it a fake account?

1.  The use of a young American man with children (could be his, could be nieces or nephews who knows?)
2. There are only 10 posts and all were added quickly to the account and not over time.
3. The biography is poorly written English. it is grammatically incorrect, with poor use of capital letters for place names.  He thinks a widow is male. 
4.  The scammer thinks that this man could pass for 42!!!  I mean hardly.  He looks to be in his twenties. And this is what made me laugh out loud.
5.  There are not many followers and he is following a good few people - many of which when I looked were female.
6.  Looking at his biography again - the scammer says he has a daughter, meaning he has one child.  The man in some of the photos clearly has two.  Also, the pictures of the girls are not the same.  Scammers often do this and mix up their images claiming that two different ones are in fact one child of theirs.

I do hope that you can see that these clues really do point to this being a fake account.  There is no doubt in my mind at all that this account is operated by a romance scammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment