Sunday 26 July 2020

Can you see the red flags? 🚩🚩🚩

Yesterday I was sent a fake account by one of my followers.  They really are fabulous people on Instagram and they send me all kinds of fake accounts.  This one is just perfect to illustrate some of the things my last couple of blog posts I have published here have been about.









There were lots of red flags waving when I first saw this fake account.

🚩The circular profile picture is Dr Fernando Gomes Pinto
🚩The picture in the first and only post is not the same man - it's a guy called Robert Schmalohr (another man scammers use quite a lot)
🚩The user name does not appear to go with either man - it looks African/Middle Eastern to me
🚩There is only one post on the account and, although you can't see it here, the first post was only an hour old when I saw the account










I hope you can also see the red flags when you look at this account. Once you start looking for red flags like these on Instagram accounts you will see lots and being able to see the red flags will stop you from becoming a victim of a romance scammer.


1 comment:

  1. I have been in touch with that man before. He claimed he loved me and promised me with empty promises. I found him it strange that he went missing for a period and claimed that he was robbed and best up by a group of unknown men. He said he was hospitalized. The police found his wallet but all his cards n money were gone. He asled me to help him with money. Thank god.I didnt. I found he has profiles all over this dating site with different names,age, professions, locations and marital status. He goes by many names. Be careful

    ReplyDelete