Monday 5 November 2018

Richard Panier SCAMMER

Monday 5 November 2018

And another one who out of the blue contacted me again yesterday.  Again I can't remember the original account on Instagram where he messaged me first.  If I find it or come across it I will update this post with the new information.

This guy reckons he has a used car business and he has joined his shipment of cars in Africa and guess what??  He is short of money to pay the country's customs bill.  This is one of the scams I have heard before and is used by scammers who don't seem to understand how business works and are extremely badly prepared.  Here are the screenshots of the conversation from yesterday.









I should explain at this point that I video chatted him which he declined the first time.  The second he covered the camera and the screen was red.  All I could hear in the background was a lot of noise and African voices plus some speaking in French.  Hence the reason I speculated about him coming from Ivory Coast - a West African country that speaks French as it's first language.

What was hilarious was that he asked me for €1,000,000 which is almost a £1,000,000.  I mean really?  I assuming that he had no concept of what he was asking of an individual.  The whole scenario was an obvious scam but the amount just made it even more obvious.  What made me laugh out loud was the fact that he thought I would be reassured by him answering the video call but not letting me see him.  Now why would I be reassured by that???  The answer is not. Your guy won't be seen on a video chat? Plays a fake looking video? Covers over the camera?  Then he is fake.  A genuine guy who genuinely loves you would want you to be able to see him.  Spring a video chat on him and see what he does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment