Friday 8 March 2019

APOLOGIES TO ALL COMMENTERS

Friday 8 March 2019

I really have to do a quick post to apologise to all those people who have left me comments on my blog.  I have only discovered them today when I was having a peruse around the settings etc on this blog.  I have tried to answer them but I am not sure that they have been done properly so my apologies to each and every one of you.

Thanks to anyone who has sent me any information on any other accounts that are using the same images as one of the real guys introduced on here.  I will find the account and detail it if I can  - although in some instances it may be too late.

There were a couple of people who also asked me whether I could send contact information for a couple of the real guys. I am sorry but my answer will always be no.  Even if I knew how to contact the real person by email or via DM on Instagram I would not tell you how to do so.  The real men are plagued by those who have been scammed.  Some of the these people end up being extremely rude, extremely angry and vengeful.  This is not the real guy's fault.  Be angry with those that scammed you and be cross with yourself for falling for it.  Learn from the experience and move on.  The real guys know they are being used and there is nothing on earth they can do to change it.  Instagram have made it harder for us to report those impersonating other people and can be extremely slow at removing those accounts that we can report for impersonation.  Anything else gets reported as spam and takes a while to be removed also.  But stick to it and they will be removed.  Please leave the real guys alone to live their lives in peace.  They do not deserve to be hounded for any reason at all by people who have been duped by scammers using their images.  Put yourself in their shoes and try to imagine how awful it feels to know that people are stealing from others using your image.  It has happened to me and I can tell you that it feels dreadful.  It also explains the annoyance felt by some who've been used by scammers for years and their distinct lack of sympathy for those who have been scammed.  Again, I have some sympathy for they way they feel.  These are all good reasons for not contacting the real men and just leaving them alone.

One other thing to mention here too.  I would love it if more people leave comments here on the blog but please be mindful of what you write and the tone with which it is written.  If you write something which is threatening (I had one comment left about shooting scammers) then I will remove the comment and not allow it to be posted.  I will not tolerate bickering amongst commenters too - we are all adults and can be mindful of speaking pleasantly and kindly to each other.  We are good people and better than those that try to scam us out of our money and play with our emotions.  Let's demonstrate that with how we interact on here with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment